As you sink into the cushions on the sofa that’s placed in the perfect spot, for the perfect view, and you soak up the array of colors that have been splashed across the sky by the setting sun, there is a sense of stillness and peace, that you seldom experience in every day life.
You know that there are people nearby, and yet, you feel as though it’s just you and Nature sharing a moment as you look out across the vast expanse of water that is the Zambezi River.
Suddenly the quiet is broken by the deep distinct call of a nearby hippo which echoes down the river. A reminder of where you are Africa..... the home of some of the worlds’ most amazing natural beauty and awesome wildlife.
For once instead of experiencing a knot of anxiety, you feel only excitement and anticipation for what the days ahead will bring.
Your settings are so incredibly relaxing and calm that the ability to turn off any thoughts of home is far easier than you would have thought possible.
This is why you came on this Retreat, to be able to step out of your regular routine and break that stressful, negative, non-stop way of thinking and living that has lost its purpose...
to catch your breath and just be You!
Why You should join us!
This is the perfect setting for you to rejuvenate your mind and body when you let go of inhibitions and allow yourself to learn from the versatility of Nature.
To feel the blanket of energy that surrounds you as you stand just meters away from the rushing water of the Zambezi River as it plunges over Victoria Falls.
Zambia, a landlocked country in Southern Africa renowned for its copper, its beautiful high quality emeralds, but most of all the magnificent Victoria Falls,
One of the 7 natural wonders of the world.
With the waters of the equally famous Zambezi River plummeting 108 meters over its’ edge on its’ journey to the ocean.
With beautiful views of the Zambezi from the privacy of your room it will feel like your very own sanctuary, so you can just let your mind and body relax, releasing any remaining feelings of stress and pain that may be lingering.
And if that’s not enough you will also have your own patio to sit and enjoy the sounds of nature all around you.
If you need to cool down, you’ll also have your own plunge pool to keep you cool whilst enjoying the view.
Thorntree is truly the ideal setting to rest and rejuvenate!
Take a moment to watch the video and get a feel for the amazing experience awaiting you.
Before you go to Thorntree River Lodge, you will first spend 2 nights at the 5 star aha David Livingstone Safari Lodge and Spa. With views from your room looking out over the Zambezi River, this is the perfect setting to adjust to your new surroundings and recover from any jet lag. Allowing you to just chill out, unwind, and do things at your own pace.
Your African Experience
The first day of your journey will be to just relax and take in your immediate surroundings that the aha David Livingstone has to offer.
Whether it’s from the view from the balcony of your room, overlooking the Zambezi River, to the swimming pool on the banks of the river, to their spa facilities if you choose.
Your first day will end with a pre-dinner “Sundowner” boat cruise on the Zambezi, where you will get your first opportunity to see wildlife coming down for a last drink before nightfall.
Thorntree Lodge is situated within the Mosi-O-Tunya national game park where you will have the incredible opportunity to track rhino and see them in their natural environment.
You will also be taken on a Game Drive where you could see a wide variety of wildlife, such as the graceful Impala antelope, Elephant, Buffalo, Vervet monkeys, Zebra and Baboons.
And if you’re very lucky, elegant giraffe as they silently glide through the bush.
This is a journey that will enhance your life in a way you never expected. Not least of all, through the daily lessons I will be sharing with you of my powerful self –discovery, calming and self healing techniques, giving you health and happiness tools to last a lifetime
Livingstone town is historical in many ways, but to get the real Zambian experience is to take a cultural trip into one of the local villages where you will get to see first-hand how people living in rural Zambia live on a daily basis.
So many experiences that will challenge your perspective of life, and make you question what you have, what you want, and what you can achieve.
And what could be one of the most emotionally moving experiences is getting up close with an African elephant, to share their space, their energy, strength and gentleness as you interact and share a special moment... or two, with them.
...Getting into the Rhythm!
In Africa, life seldom runs a smooth path.
Every day it challenges you to be creative, innovative, question your beliefs and stretch your boundaries.
This Retreat gives you the opportunity to, not just have new life changing experiences, it also creates space for you to catch your breath and take a “rain check” on where your life is going.
- To learn a Healing technique that will release negative emotions making you feel lighter, calmer and happier.
- To let go of the past, and be like the rushing water of the Zambezi on its’ journey that only goes in one direction..... Forward!
- That life, as seen in the village, can be simple and “things” are not what makes, for happiness.
- To offload emotional baggage through learning and sharing with other group members in the daily get together.
- To challenge the critic within you that stops you being successful
- To grow in confidence when you slow down, get clear and have intention
Life is not a straight line and this Retreat is a moment in your life to focus just on you, to recognise the message from every experience and change the rhythm of your life.
Are you read to let go of negative thoughts and memories and be nurtured by Nature?
To start the healing process with the work we’ll do together through EFT, and new empowering thoughts and beliefs.
They say that once you’ve been to Africa, it gets into your blood and your life is never the same again.
Are you ready to follow in the footsteps of David Livingstone and Explore a new life for yourself?
This could be Your Amazing Journey if...
- You are ready to change your pattern of thinking and feeling, that keeps you stuck!
- To take the steps necessary to move out of constant stress and physical pain
- To give yourself permission to rejuvenate your mind and body through Energy Healing therapy
- To forgive the past and heal, so that you create space for what you want in your future
- To invest in yourself and drop the façade of who you think you should be and just let yourself Be!
- You are ready to accept help, so you can be healthier and happier
- You are ready, not to just make a transition in your life, but to Transform your Life!
This Journey is NOT for You if...
- Your are not ready to take responsibility for your health
- You are not open to new ideas and methods
- You don’t believe you can change the person you are
- You believe outside circumstances are to blame for your lack of success, health and happiness
- You think big open spaces and being at one with Nature is boring
- Different cultures and personal growth don’t interest you
- You don’t believe you are worthy
- Transportation from the Airport to aha David Livingstone Safari Lodge
- 2 nights Bed and Breakfast 5 Star aha David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa, to rest, and adjust to your amazing surroundings
- 1 River Boat Cruise from the aha David Livingstone Safari Lodge
- 2 refreshing breakfasts in the aha David Livingstone Kalai restaurant
- Minimum of 90 minutes every day for teaching and group discussions, with an Evening summary of the days experiences (1st day excluded)
- 6 nights double occupancy accommodation at the secluded Thorntree River Lodge
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 mouth-watering dinners
- Transportation, Tour Guide and all Activities once you are at Thorntree River Lodge
- All Entrance Fees to Victoria Falls and the Game Parks
- Transportation from Thorntree River Lodge
- Tips for Staff at Thorntree River Lodge
What’s Not included...
- Your round trip airfare.
- 2 dinners and 1 possibly 2 lunches at the aha David Livingstone Safari Lodge and Spar (depending on when you arrive)
- Any premium brands of alcohol at Thorntree River Lodge.
- Spa facilities at the Thorntree River Lodge.
- Any curios, personal shopping, spa services, taxis, phone calls.
- Medical expenses.
- Personal, medical or trip cancellation insurances.
You must arrive at Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport, Livingstone (LVI) on the 13th May and depart on the 21st May 2019 after breakfast. Transport will be provided to and from the airport.
If you would like to come earlier or stay longer, then contact our Partner within Zambia, Stephanie McDougall, and she and her team will be able to discuss other amazing places to stay and explore in Zambia. Email: email@example.com
When you are ready to book your flight then you will need to contact our Travel Partner Ales Struna of Journeys of the Spirit, who will ensure that you have everything you need for a safe and stress free journey. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travelling, experiencing new places and cultures is in my blood!
Having moved 8 times across 5 continents in the first 17 years of my life, I’m no stranger to travelling.
Living in Zambia, Africa for 27 years was an amazing experience, and it has made me the person I am today, but it was not the right place for me in the long term. You may not like what has happened in your past, and for many years I was that angry, depressed, overwhelmed person who thought the world was against me, suffering with low self-esteem, no confidence and poor health conditions that seemed to materialise overnight.
Eventually I came back to England to start a new life with my daughters.
Doing a Diploma in Hypnotherapy, I learnt about EFT, an Energy Healing method of therapy which seems to work when other therapies don’t. I was so amazed at the results I got when I applied it to my own limiting beliefs and negative thoughts and emotions that I qualified as a practitioner in Hypnotherapy and EFT.
Now I’m able to help people improve their mental and physical health which has been affected due to chronic stress, anxiety, overwhelm and depression, in the work place and home.
This Retreat allows me to combine my passion for helping people, with my love of Victoria Falls which helped me to start healing mentally and physically, when I needed to find my vision and new purpose in life.
What my Clients say…
Thanks so much for helping me. I really feel like this weight has lifted from the pit of my stomach. I am really going to consciously absorb everything that you have said, which was so honest and to the point.
It is so good to be able to talk to someone so genuine and professional. You are brilliant at what you do and deserve every bit of success from helping people.
Thanks again Suzanne.
I cannot recommend Suzanne highly enough.Francis Stewart
Suzanne provided a calm environment in which I felt very safe to explore some emotional issues that had bothered me for many years. Through the use of Tapping I faced and dealt with these issues and as a result feel so much happier...
Sometimes just being able to off-load with someone independent and with whom you feel confident and safe is wonderfully cathartic.
Thank you Suzanne!
Are You Coming?
In the moment it always seems easy to just keep going, and going, and going.
Dealing with daily challenges and subsequent stress, believing that you will take time out to refresh and recharge, but somehow that “time” never seems to arrive.
When you don’t take time out to look after yourself, you are not the only person who suffers.
It’s the people who matter to you the most who also suffer, because they see what you are going through, and just as you want the best for them… so they want to see you being happy, healthy and enjoying life.
So if NOW is not the time to invest, nurture and nourish yourself, when will be the right time?
- My promise to you will be, that you will come away with a new and different perspective of the life you have.
- With new tools and techniques that will give you Confidence, Energy and less Pain.
- Most importantly you will know that you are Good Enough, just being the unique person that you are